So we’re three episodes into The Secret Circle and there is one storyline that has me very intrigued.
Faye & Melissa.
From the way things have been going I’m being led to believe that they are setting Faye & Melissa up as a couple, & I’m believing it alright!
I mean, it seems incredibly blatant that they are either already a couple or are soon going to be. But then sometimes I feel like that can’t actually be happening. Like Rizzoli & Isles, where it’s so apparant & you forget that it’s not part of the story. But then when you stop to think, you are aware that in the end it’s not going to turn out like we all expect.
So, really, I’d just like to know. Are Faye & Melissa the next Circle Couple? Let’s go to the evidence!
Episode 1: Pilot
1. The first time we see either Faye or Melissa they are together. Aw cute!
Episode 2: Bound
Episode 2 is our first look at the Nick & Melissa’s secret hook-ups. At one point while getting dressed, Nick asks Melissa
2. “Do you always listen to Faye?” (The answer to this questions is yes.)
And Melissa tells Nick
3. “Don’t tell anyone about this” (And by “anyone” she means “Faye,” of course)
4. At school, Faye & Melissa are lab partners (standard) & start doing magic together, which in The Secret Circle world is…ya know…bow chicka bow wow. The lab scene also has the best line of all time…or just for the purposes of this post:Melissa: What are you doing? Faye: Experimenting. Try it.
Spit-take worthy or what?
5. Diana is trying to convince Faye to Bind the Circle, but of course she puts up a fight. So Diana asks Melissa, “Can’t you talk to her?”
6. Melissa running to catch up with Faye
Next up is hands down my favorite scene so far in the series.
7. Ring toss. Or as it is now know, Flirty Ring Toss.
8. Nick & Faye are taking hits off a potion & being stupid. Melissa looks annoyed….and jealous.
9. At a party, Melissa watches Nick & Faye dancing. She looks absolutely miserable.
10. When Nick starts getting a little handsy, Faye says, “It’s not going to happen. Do you honestly think I would get with you?” Faye promptly walks over to Melissa.
11. Faye hands Melissa her solo cup. Melissa takes it without looking or question.
Episode 3: Loner
Melissa asks Nick to the school dance, which for now, we will disregard.
12. Nick asks Melissa, “What if Faye finds out?”
13. Faye & Melissa are doing “magic” together again. This time moving a phone across the floor.
14. Nick makes a lame comment, “I’ve got an idea what we can do with the three of us.” Faye responds, “Dream on, Nick”
15. Faye & Melissa argue about going to the school dance & whether or not it is lame.
16. Melissa tries to get Faye to come! Ah hah! Asking Nick was all a ruse!
17. At the school dance, Faye’s hilarious “Melissa!”
18. Melissa is looking all sad, so this conversation happens:19. Faye confronts Nick, “And if you’re going to date Melissa. Treat her right. She deserves better. So do it right or get lost.”
And finally, the ultimate:
20. Nick & Melissa happily walk away together from the school. Faye looks on, proud of whipping Nick into shape. She smiles, then the smiles faulters!
So yes, they may be setting up a Melissa-Nick-Faye love triangle. But I prefer to think Nick is not a variable is this equation. Faye & Melissa as a couple seems like the way they should go/already are going!
Here’s a little diagram of what they are possibly trying to, but what is being conveyed.
Now excuse me while I go watch some ring toss.